Рубрика: English exercises
B2 destination, Unit 5
Destination B2 unit 3
I. Do the exercise: Match the definitions (a–f) with the vocabulary (1–6).
1. to underestimate d) when someone takes control of something, like a job or a place
2. to adapt e) to change something so that it fits better
3. creativity b) to think something is less than it is
4. empathy f) the ability to deeply understand someone’s situation or feeling
5. a takeover c) to work out what kind of illness someone has
6. to diagnose a) the ability to think of new ideas
Are the sentences true or false?
1. Most jobs seem as if they can be done by robots or computers. False
2. Robots are always better at diagnosing illness than doctors. False
3. Many experts agree robots will replace teachers by 2027. False
i4. One advantage of robot teachers is that they don’t need to rest. True
5. Robot assistants could help teachers by marking homework. True
6. Some teachers use robots to reduce their time answering emails and
marking homework. False
. Choose the best answer.
1. It’s easy to think robots …
a. will replace people even if we don’t like the idea.
b. are more capable than people and it’s true.
c. can do less than people but it’s not always true.
2. Anthony Seldon thinks teachers in the future will …
a. help robots in class.
b. teach knowledge to students.
c. no longer exist.
3. Robots will probably never …
a. have human understanding of emotions.
b. be a popular choice for teachers.
c. be intelligent enough to work in education.
4. Some parts of the world …
a. pay robots to teach.
b. already use robots in teaching jobs.
c. have a shortage of teachers
5. Teachers …
a. work harder than office workers.
b. have less help than office workers.
c. leave their jobs to become office workers.
6. Robots could …
a. empathise with students.
b. mark homework.
c. prepare lessons.