Ex 10/b, pg 36
- Debbie says Pete made an awful pizza one time.
- Pete gets a bit angry.
- Jess tells Debbie that she wasn’t very friendly.
- Debbie says it’s OK to make jokes about friends.
- Jess says real friends don’t hurt each other.
- Debbie says sorry to Pete.
- Debbie thinks it’s natural that Pete isn’t happy.
Ex 11/a,b, pg 37
a. Find expressions 1-6 in the photostory. Who says them?
- Pete says —What about…?
- Jess says— on the other hand,…
- Debbie says—I didn’t mean to.
- Pete says—Never mind.
- Jess says— I don’t think so.
- Jess says—to be honest,…
b. Read the dialogues. Use the expressions in Exercise 11a to complete them.
- A: Who is going for a walk? B:Well I’m a bit tired, so Debbie, I don’t want to go out.
- A:Mrs Jones gave us a lot of homework, didn’t she? B:Yes, a lot! but Pete, it’s the weekend, so we’ve got 3 day to do it.
- A:I’m sorry I broke your camera, Jess. B:It’s OK Joel . It was an old camera anyway.